Lemons

A note for ZP

Someone, who will remain and appear as "unnamed," seems to think that strafing is not allowed and will result in a ban. I'd like to point out something to the ZP community.

In the creation of the game, bunny hop, ground-strafe, and strafing in general were not purposefully implemented into the game. They are "bugs" as you may see it. Now if this is true, I believe much of the remaining community that is CS 1.6 would die off because of the heavy banning that would take place. However, it has become acceptable to use bhop, strafe, and g-strafe and take full advantage of it (without the assistance of scripting or hyperscroll of course) in the community.

Secondly, in mapping tools, there is a tool called "trigger_push." This entity is used to create speed ramps, barriers, and lower gravity. This tool comes with options to edit the amount of speed it can initially give on contact. I believe this is measured in GoldSrc units of speed. The max speed of GoldSrc games is 2000u/s. Therefore, it would make sense that any trigger_push above 2000 would keep out ANY type of player, whether they are bunny hopping, g-strafing, or just strafing. It is considered to be a "glitch" to be capable of passing any speed barrier incapable of pushing 2000u/s or higher. I'd like you to remember what bhop, g-strafe, and strafing is before you threaten to ban me. 

Thirdly, I want you to take what you learned from both of the above sets of information and consider this: If there is a trigger_push that has a setting of 500u/s and I work a strafe that is above 500u/s, all I have done was use an acceptable exploit to cancel the speed of a trigger_push. So yes, I was exploiting, but I did what was acceptable by the CS community. If this is a problem and still counts as a ban, I guess all remaining servers should begin their massive ban cycle. If this happens, the remaining days of CS 1.6 will be rough.

If you made it this far, thank you for your time!

-Lemons 

(P.S., If this was posted in the wrong section, please be so kind to redirect me to the proper area.)

Edited by Lemons

This is posted correctly my friend.

As a old frined of mine told me before i learn how to gstrafe: If there is an adventage you can use it, it's not your problem if you don't have enough fps or don't know how to strafe, gstrafe of bhop gain the adventage you can (Without any kind of 3rd software) and try to win. That what means this game win/enojoy and play otherwise what it would be the reason to play? We all play for win and enjoy and if you can/know how to bhop/gstrafe just enjoy your game.

• Angry 1

@MainlyCute He is referring to pass with gstrafe some of these barriers that you yourself said was a way to take advantage to infect humans, then it is okay to overcome these barriers with fps + doing gstrafe or ground-gstrafe everything discussed in this thread About warning players not to do this is wrong?

long story short.

the blue windows are made only for humans so they can escape from it not made for zombies so they can get through it and if you used converyors in order to reach a speed that will help you to get trough blue windows to eazily infect kill humans  you will be banned and it will be considered as glitching.

i repeat blue windows are made only for humans to escape.

7 hours ago, Anakin said:

@MainlyCute He is referring to pass with gstrafe some of these barriers that you yourself said was a way to take advantage to infect humans, then it is okay to overcome these barriers with fps + doing gstrafe or ground-gstrafe everything discussed in this thread About warning players not to do this is wrong?

We already talk about this, it's not allowed

If that is the case, you guys need to either get a better mapper or make heavier mapping expectations.

Wicho himself said that he would increase the units for that trigger_push to keep these people from glitching. Dunno what he's up to with that, but I had to ban a guy for glitching blue windows in spite of my previous warnings.

• Angry 1

hace 2 horas, Lemons dijo:

If that is the case, you guys need to either get a better mapper or make heavier mapping expectations.

image.png.fec957a825ca85ced906e646eaf2cc02.png

Yesterday you argued with Amine for doing this exploitation of the map with your gstrafe, now what I am going to tell you is summarized in this:
-If you can pass these barriers with your 500 or 1000 fps it does not really matter to anyone just that it is prohibited here because this way it would be easy to kill the team of humans, now you know that it is prohibited and if any administrator sees you do it You will be punished.
-Wicho is working on ending this problem, he has made an effort to make most of the maps of sG so take care as you address him or any other member of the community, as you did yesterday with amine (Man you must be a new admin or a paying admin, right ?, Probably a payed admin lol, It is greeeat, Man this community ...) If you do not comply with this you already know what will happen. That is all.

Okay, there. Just say that "Bypassing blue barriers is not allowed." Not "You glitch, not allow." like "unnamed" did. Strafing is what I used and that is clearly a very acceptable glitch to use.

Anakin, I'd like you to realize that your reasoning behind this "glitch" is basically the same as having the ability to strafe or gstrafe. In other words, my ability have more FPS than the average player makes it easy to kill humans, yet it is allowed. Can you please just say "Passing barriers is not allowed." for future all the players' sake rather than having this explanation that essentially outlines what bhop and varying forms of strafe are.

Thank you,

Lemons

(P.S., I respect admins who respect me. I don't take threats from admins. "Unnamed" should of said something along the lines of "If you pass that barrier, you may be banned." I don't need someone attempting to intimidate me by making something so small so threatening.)

Edited by Lemons